Am I Autistic? A Guide to Autism & Asperger’s Self-Diagnosis for Adults (Print & Digital Editions) by Lydia Andal is available to order at all major online bookstores.
December 2016 Print Edition now available
January 2016 Sales Rankings Update
Since its release in April 2015, the digital edition of “Am I Autistic? A Guide to Autism & Asperger’s Self-Diagnosis for Adults” has been ranked:
- #2 Bestselling book in the ‘Medical Diagnosis’ category of the Amazon Kindle store.
- #3 Bestselling book in the ‘Mental Health’ category in the Kobo store
- #3 Bestselling book in the ‘Physician & Patient’ category of the Amazon Kindle store.
ABOUT THE BOOK
The 60 second video clip below provides a summary of the book and how it might be useful for you (Note: Adobe Flash Player required).
Is This Book For You?
This is a guide to autism for adults who think they might be autistic and would like to learn more about autism and the road to self-diagnosis and/or formal diagnosis from the view of an autistic person.
This is also a guide for the family members/partners/work colleagues and friends of adults who they suspect might be autistic or a ‘bit’ autistic.
This Book Is For You If…
- You think you might be autistic yet are reluctant to request a formal diagnosis or have been unable to get a referral for a formal diagnosis
- You have already been diagnosed as autistic/asperger’s and want to learn more about autism from the view of an autistic person
- You think your partner/family member/work colleague may be autistic
What’s In The Book?
Am I Autistic? A Guide to Autism & Asperger’s Self-Diagnosis for Adults is a step-by-step guide to self-diagnosis and includes information on ‘What is Autism?’, ‘A Guide to Autistic Traits’ and ‘A Guide to Online Autism Tests’ to help you identify if you are autistic.
The guide also includes the personal journey of a self-diagnosed autistic, information on the formal diagnosis process in the UK & US for those interested in exploring the clinical route to diagnosis and an overview of the ‘Strengths & Challenges of Autism’ for those who identify as autistic after reading the guide.
NOW AVAILABLE FROM ONLINE RETAILERS
Am I Autistic? A Guide to Autism & Asperger’s Self-Diagnosis for Adults (Print & Digital Editions) is out now and available at all major digital retailers.
FREE AMIAUTISTIC.COM NEWSLETTER
Sign up here to register for occasional updates on future editions and notification when relevant autism-related news items or features are added to the site.
Important Notice: This guide has not been written by a medical practitioner. It has been written by an autistic journalist and author who has interviewed leading UK and US autism specialists and autistic advocates in order to provide an informative and balanced view of autism. Anyone seeking medical advice on autism diagnosis should seek advice from a medical practitioner.