Comments & Questions
This page is open for comments and questions on the topics covered/issues raised in ‘Am I Autistic? A Guide to Autism & Asperger’s Self-Diagnosis for Adults’ and ‘The Autism Issue’.
About ‘The Autism Issue’
Before Lydia Andal authored ‘Am I Autistic? A Guide to Autism & Asperger’s Self-Diagnosis for Adults’, she founded and edited The New Idealist magazine.
The Autism Issue from The New Idealist magazine explores why autism is so misunderstood by society and turns the commonly-held view of autism perpetuated by the media on its head.
You can read The Autism Issue free of charge via Issuu by clicking on the cover image display next to this text, or you can download the PDF Digital Version here (please note the PDF version has been compressed resulting in a slightly lower image quality than the version at the top of the page).
Key points discussed in the issue include:
- Autism; The Clinical View with Stan Lapidus, CEO of SynapDx Corp who recently led the world’s largest autism clinical study to evaluate its new blood test designed to identify autistic children at a younger age.
- The Diagnosis Crisis: An analysis of the diagnostic process and why autistic adults find it so difficult to get diagnosed in the UK.
- Autism; The Clinical View: An exploration of Simon Baron-Cohen’s views on the potential introduction of a prenatal test for autism.
- Temple Grandin: Autism, Innovation & the Secrets of Silicon Valley.
- The Autism Scandal: Why Autism Speaks doesn’t speak for Autistic People.
- The Autistic Civil Rights Movement: The Long Road Ahead by Lydia Brown.
- The Strengths of Autism by Michael Barton.
- A Different View of Autism: Exploring the concepts of autism and neurodiversity with Damian Milton.
- Autism & Empathy: Autism, empathy, and the mind-blindness of everyday people by Karla McLaren.
- A Different View of Autism: Nathan Foy and the Autistic Society Greater Manchester Area.
- The 2009 Autism Act: Autistic UK’s Message to Government.
- Autism in the Workplace: A look at new initiatives to welcome autism in the workplace.
- The Biggest Misconception of All? An assessment of why autism is classified as a ‘Mental Disorder’.
- What is Autism? A guide to the myths, strengths and challenges of autism.
Questions? Please read the Comments Policy:
On this page, debate/questions around the topics covered in ‘The Autism Issue’ or ‘Am I Autistic? A Guide to Autism & Asperger’s Self-Diagnosis for Adults?’ are welcomed, comments which make negative statements about the entire autistic population are not.
FREE AMIAUTISTIC.COM NEWSLETTER
Sign up here to register for occasional updates on future editions and notification when relevant autism-related news items or features are added to the site.